Tailwind3 for diversity, change and sustainability in the social economy
The Tailwind3 ("rückenwind3") programme aims to secure skilled workers in social professional fields, with a special focus on the challenges of demographic and digital change. The programme’s approach is to adapt structures and cultures at organisations and enterprises in the non-profit social economy, in combination with establishing flexible and target group-specific programmes for employees to adapt their skills.
Project executing organisations are required to address one of the following five fields of action:
- A. Development and testing of modern work models and organisation in the context of a changing world of work in social occupations and areas of work
- B. Improving equal opportunities through analogue and digital skills development and creating an inclusive work environment
- C. Measures to support employees and enterprises in dealing with new workplace technologies
- D. Applying analogue and digital strategies to recruit and retain staff, including through online-based offers and digital communication formats.
- E. Supporting and developing the skills of employees and evolving the management and enterprise culture
The Tailwind3 programme was developed jointly by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and the Federal Association of Non-statutory Welfare (BAGFW). It is being implemented and monitored in close partnership between the two programme partners. An external co-ordinating office at BAGFW coordinates programme implementation.
Tailwind3 is the successor programme to the ESF programme Tailwind+ ("rückenwind+") from the ESF funding period 2014-2020.